(This post was written and scheduled in advance for my maternity leave. I will be unable to respond to email or comments during this time. Thank you for your understanding and patience as I spend this time with my family.)
I absolutely adore peanut sauces. I have already published at least four other recipes containing some form of peanut sauce, and believe me, there have been many more recipes test out behind the scenes. There’s just something about it that I can’t stop craving.
So when Marc was on the road a few weeks ago, I raided my cabinets for the ingredients and whipped up a batch of quick peanut noodles. I decided not to bother with vegetables or meat, and I made myself a big heaping bowl of nutty, slightly spicy noodles. They are literally the easiest thing ever.
To make things even easier, I didn’t even bother to warm the sauce. I just whisked the ingredients together in a bowl while I cooked the pasta. Once it was strained, I tossed everything back in the same bowl and mixed it all up.
It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
Can’t get enough peanut sauce? Try these recipes:
- Asian Meatball Satay with Peanut Sriracha Sauce
- Udon Noodle Wok with Peanut Sauce
- Cilantro Peanut Pesto Linguini
- Asian Chicken Wraps
- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguini pasta
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (slightly warmed in microwave to make whisking easier)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- When pasta is cooked and drained, return to pot with sauce and toss until pasta is evenly coated and sauce has warmed.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg