This potato goat cheese flammekueche recipe has been sponsored by the U.S. Potato Board through Honest Cooking. As always, all opinions, thoughts and recipes are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands and networks that allow me to continue bringing you recipes like this one.
This easy potato goat cheese flammekueche recipe is the perfect way to sample the flavors of France without crossing the ocean.
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. It’s one of my absolute favorite dishes from our time in France, and I’ve been meaning to share it with you forever. I can’t believe it actually took me this long. In fact, it’s been at least 3 years since I’ve tasted this exact flammekueche – it’s a sort of pizza with a crème fraîche sauce that’s on so many menus in French restaurants. I think it originally comes from the Alsace region, and it can sometimes be called a tarte flambeé.
This particular one was a favorite of mine when we lived in Angers. The thick crème fraîche sauce was topped with potato and goat cheese, lardons (the closest thing to bacon in France) and chives. Of course, the ingredients here aren’t exactly the same, but I did my best to replicate this in an easy way. So I used a mixture of sour cream, Greek yogurt and half-and-half to replicate the richness of crème fraîche and I substituted already cooked bacon bits to speed things up.
It’s not a pizza, it’s a flammekueche.
Now, I don’t want to toot my own horn, but this potato and goat cheese flammekueche tasted exactly as I remembered it. It was the closest I’ve felt to being in France since we left, and it was amazing. I know that potatoes on a pizza, and even a pizza with sour cream sauce may be a little weird, but it’s seriously so good. It’s definitely worth trying, especially when it only takes 30 minutes. Besides, it’s not really a pizza, it’s a flammekueche and you’ll love it.
- 2 small russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- 6 small flatbreads
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 – 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits (real bacon, not the artificial kind)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Place potato slices on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream and fat free half-and-half until smooth.
- Place flatbreads onto a cookie sheet and top with equal amounts of sour cream mixture.
- Layer with potato slices, mozzarella cheese, bacon bits, and goat cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and potatoes are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh chives.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on