This easy, pistachio pesto provides a sweetness, that you can’t really achieve from other nuts. It’s perfect for your next pasta night, spread onto a sandwich or mixed into a tasty chicken salad. Ready in 5 minutes!
- 1 cup pistachios (already out of the shell)
- 2 packed cups arugula
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (more if needed)
- Combine ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary to thin the sauce to desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 1 dollop
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 291.5 mg
- Fat: 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg