Another pesto, I know. I’m sorry. I just can’t help myself. I made this pistachio arugula pesto last week, as a component to another recipe that I may or may not end up sharing in the future, but I really wanted to share the recipe for the pesto itself because it turned out so, so well.
I can’t tell you what I used it for yet. It’s top-secret, recipe development stuff. If you stick with me long enough, you might find out. But for now, I’m holding my tongue. Either way, I promise you’ll love the pesto.
This pesto is maybe not the cheapest to make – I know pistachios and arugula can get pricey – but it’s really fantastic. The pistachios lend the sauce a sweetness, that you can’t really achieve from other nuts, and the arugula provides a contrasting bite. It’s perfect for your next pasta night, spread onto a sandwich or mixed into a tasty chicken salad.
- 1 cup pistachios (already out of the shell)
- 2 packed cups arugula
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (more if needed)
- Combine ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary to thin the sauce to desired consistency.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on