- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 – 3 green onions, thinly sliced (optional, for topping)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil to medium high.
- Add crushed red pepper, garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant – about 30 seconds.
- Add sliced bell peppers and sauté, stirring occasionally until tender but not too soft – about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove beef from marinade and set marinade aside for later.
- Sauté beef, stirring occasionally, until browned – about 5 minutes.
- Add marinade and water chestnuts and cook unit sauce has thickened – about 2 minutes.
- Return peppers to pan.
- Remove from heat and allow sauce to thicken for a few minutes before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg