- 1 16-ounce package penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, prepare pasta according to package directions for al denta.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add the carrot, celery, onion and garlic and sauté for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are translucent and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef, salt and pepper and sauté for about 10 minutes, breaking the meat up as it cooks.
- Add wine, tomatoes and basil. Stir to combine. Simmer the sauce for 20 – 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Calories: 497
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy free, easy, quick