This spicy penne arrabbiata recipe is delicious and super easy to make! It’s perfect for a quick and simple Italian dinner, and it’s completely vegan.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans crushed tomatoes (or 1 28-ounce can)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium-high.
- Saute bell pepper, onion, garlic and crushed red pepper for 10 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer sauce for about 10 minutes (or until pasta is cooked).
- Toss pasta with sauce and serve immediately.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, easy, healthy