These easy homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy. Made from scratch using shortening, these fluffy cookies are the ultimate simple recipe you’ll come back to over and over again for the best tasting results. #peanutbutterchocolatechip #dairyfree #cookierecipe
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup shortening or butter*
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to combine.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer , beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy – about two minutes.
- Add peanut butter and continue beating on medium until combined and fluffy – about a minute.
- Add the sugars.
- Beat the mixture on medium for a few more minutes.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on low speed – about a 1/2 cup at a time – scraping sides as needed until everything has been incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips to combine.
- Scoop the dough into balls – about 2 tablespoons worth
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes (cookies should be fully set but still soft). Adjust your baking time if necessary for your oven.
- Transfer baked cookies to a cooling rack a few minutes after removing from the oven.
To make these vegan peanut butter cookies, replace the eggs with 2 teaspoons ground flax seed + 6 tablespoons of water. Mix in a small bowl and allow the flax egg to thicken before adding to the recipe.
Keywords: dairy free, cookies, peanut butter, vegan option