A few months ago, my mom and I were walking through a grocery store – one that we don’t normally go to – and she found these cookies that I had never heard of before. She started raving about how good they were, and how much she loves them. I can’t remember the brand, but they were peanut cookies with whole peanuts in them.
I convinced her not to buy them though because I had already decided that I was going to try to make them at home. I hadn’t ever had them before, but I had an idea of what I wanted, so I found the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe and, with a few tweaks, came up with the perfect replica recipe.
We ate that first batch pretty quickly so I didn’t have a chance to photograph them. So I made them again for you because you’re the best. Luckily, I have somehow managed to stop myself from eating every single one. I pawned some off on my parents and my friends and I’m putting some in the freezer for when Marc gets home.Print
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 40 cookies
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to combine.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer , beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy – about two minutes.
- Add peanut butter and continue beating on medium until combined and fluffy – about a minute.
- Add the sugars.
- Beat the mixture on medium for a few more minutes.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on low speed – about a 1/2 cup at a time – scraping sides as needed until everything has been incorporated.
- Add the peanuts to combine.
- Place 1/3 cup
- Roll the dough into balls – about 2 tablespoons worth – and roll in remaining granulated sugar to coat.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes (cookies should be fully set but still soft). Adjust your baking time if necessary for your oven.
- Transfer baked cookies to a cooling rack a few minutes after removing from the oven.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.