This oven baked chicken fajitas recipe is the easiest way to make fajitas. Plus, they’re super healthy and loaded with veggies. They’re naturally dairy free, but you can use whatever toppings you like. Opt for corn tortillas for gluten free option.
- 2 chicken breasts (butterflied if large)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 bell peppers (sliced)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 10- ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Coarse salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven 425˚F (220˚C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Butterfly chicken breast to shortening cooking time. Place on the baking sheet and season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, granulated garlic. Add coarse salt & pepper, to taste. Top with sliced bell peppers and onions.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tomatoes, minced garlic and a pinch of coarse salt. Spread over peppers and onions.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and slightly browned. Be sure to check to see if the chicken has reached 165˚F.
- Remove from oven and slice chicken before serving.