- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound large peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups Thai ginger-infused broth (or other broth)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 ounces medium rice noodles
- 1 cup halved snow peas
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a large stockpot, heat oil to medium-high. Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, turning once, about 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from pot.
- Add oil, shallot and bell pepper. Sauté until shallots are slightly translucent. And remaining ingredients (excluding the garnish).
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Boil until noodles have softened (about 6 – 10 minutes, depending on package directions).
- Return shrimp to pot and heat until warmed.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
- If substituting another broth, add 1 tablespoon of grated ginger and 1 tablespoon of lime juice when adding the broth.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg