You don’t need to go out to enjoy the flavors of your favorite Italian salad. This Olive Garden salad recipe is super easy to make at home and features all your favorite ingredients – tomatoes, olives, croutons and that classic peperoncini. I’ve made this one dairy free, but you can easily customize it at the table with your favorite cheese, just like they do at the restaurant.
For the salad:
- 1 bag Italian (or American) salad mix
- 1 tomato, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/8 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 – 3 black olives
- 1 – 2 pepperoncini peppers
For the Olive Garden salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until the salad is evenly coated.
*Use vegan mayo to make this salad vegan
Keywords: dairy free, easy, copycat, salad, dressing, vegetarian