I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Mine was wonderful but a little bittersweet since my husband is back in France without me. Luckily, I got to spend time with my family here in Wisconsin and we had lots of snow.
Old Philadelphia pecan dip is something that we only had at Christmas time when I was growing up (at least that’s the only time I remember having it), but it would make a great appetizer/party dip for any day of the year. It was something that I never ate when I was actually a kid, but I remember it always being there and now that I’m older, I love it.Print
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 ounces dried beef, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Sauté the pecans with salt and butter in a small frying pan over medium-low heat until toasted.
- Blend the cream cheese and sour cream with the milk.
- Stir in the dried beef, green pepper, onion flakes and garlic powder.
- Fill a pie plate or tart pan with the cream cheese mixture and top with the pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers.
Last Updated on