This healthy tuna salad recipe is made with no mayo, but it’s still full of flavor. It’s dairy free, paleo friendly and super easy to make. Serve it as a sandwich or in a lettuce wrap for a great heart healthy lunch.
- 4 5-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (or chopped onion)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (2–3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, flake the tuna with a fork.
- Add celery, carrot, onion and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard and parsley. Pour dressing into salad and stir to combine.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: dairy free, gluten free, paleo, whole 30, healthy, easy, lunch, sandwich