These no bake chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites are a quick and easy, decadent treat (and they can easily be made dairy free). Cut them into small bites for a party or larger pieces for a full-sized treat.
Things are finally slowing down here in Amiens. For the past few weeks, we’ve been furiously cleaning and attempting to make this house feel like a home and prepare ourselves for our very first visitors, who just left yesterday. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed that my very best friend, Chelsea, and her husband, Mike came for a visit on their big tour of Europe.
Having them here was such a treat, and it definitely helped me feel more at home in our new city. We spent the three days they were here celebrating my birthday, trying out new restaurants and exploring.
On a totally unrelated note, my mom and I made these no bake chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites on a whim the Friday afternoon before I left. Now, I’m not one to love the chocolate peanut butter combo, but something about the saltiness and the crunch of the pretzels makes these little guys unbelievably good – almost addictive.
They’re the perfect last-minute recipe because they require only 5 ingredients and very little time. Plus, if you cut them up into small bite-sized pieces like we did, you don’t even have to count the calories.
Update: I’ve added a dairy free option in the notes of the recipe. Be sure to use dairy free chocolate and dairy free margarine or coconut oil to make this recipe dairy free.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted*
- 2 cups roughly crushed pretzels rods or large pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, powdered sugar, crushed pretzels and 1 cup of peanut butter until combined.
- Evenly spread mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat remaining peanut butter and chocolate chips for 30 second in the microwave. Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir mixture until smooth. (It may take up to a minute of stirring for the chocolate to become completely smooth. Heat for another 30 seconds if necessary.)
- Layer the melted chocolate evenly on top of the pretzel-peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Remove from fridge and bring to room temperature for about 5 minutes. Cut candy into 1-inch squares.
- Keep refrigerated if not serving immediately.
*To make this recipe dairy free, substitute dairy free margarine, such as Smart Balance, for the butter.
*Also be sure to use dairy free chocolate chips.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
Last Updated on