- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- Zest of 4 lemons (about 3 – 4 tablespoons) – cream together
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- Mini bundt cake pans
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, lemon juice and lemon extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream shortening, sugar and lemon zest at a medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
- Add both dry flour mixture and milk mixture, alternating between each.
- Divide the batter equally between cake molds.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing cakes from pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together frosting ingredients.
- When cakes have cooled, drizzle with frosting.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg