This Mexican quinoa recipe is made with corn, black beans and diced tomatoes with chilies. It’s a great side dish or an healthy, vegan dinner idea.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked, pre-rinsed quinoa
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 15.5-ounce can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish.
- In large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant – about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients (minus the cilantro) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro just before serving.
Keywords: quinoa, one pot, Mexican, dairy free, vegan