This delicious meatball stroganoff is quick,easy, and absolutely delicious! The perfect comfort meal for any day.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 12-ounce package wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 10-ounce cans beef consommé
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Form mixture into 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes. While the meatballs are baking, cook the noodles according to package directions and prepare the sauce.
- To make the sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour to make a roux. Pour in the consommé and continue to whisk until smooth. Stir in Dijon mustard and vegan sour cream. Simmer until thickened (sauce should coat the back of a spoon), and reduce heat to low to keep warm if needed.
- Toss cooked pasta and meatballs with sauce and top garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy free, meatball, winter, comfort food, pasta, beef