A while back, I bought some marmalade for something – I can’t even remember what now – and since no one in our house likes marmalade on toast or anything like that, it’s just been taking up precious real estate on the fridge door. For months it sat there, mocking me each time I brought home a new round of groceries that needed to find space in the fridge. Determined to use it up, I started browsing Pinterest and the internet for idea of how to use it. Somewhere along the way, pork came up. So I bought a bunch of pork chops and I came up with this recipe for marmalade mustard pork chops.
I based it off of two recipes that I found (this one and this one), but since I wasn’t really satisfied with either, I decided to combine the components that I liked of each. I wanted this to be a skillet meal, so the method from recipe one was out. But, I still wanted to incorporate rosemary and mustard. The result was a lovely little skillet meal that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, and tastes amazing.
I used whole grain mustard for this recipe (I found a really decent price on this one), but you’ll want to look for any mustard that says “whole grain” or has those tiny little mustard seeds in it. You could potentially substitute Dijon mustard if you want, but the whole grain really works the best.
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup marmalade
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops until browned, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- While pork chops are cooking, whisk together orange juice, marmalade and mustard in a small bowl.
- Remove from pan and tent with foil on a plate.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add orange juice mixture and rosemary.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 8 – 10 minutes. Return pork chops to pan and continue to cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg