This grilled peach salad is dressed with a maple bourbon vinaigrette and loaded with savories like bacon and crunchy honey almonds. Grilling brings out the sweetness in the peaches and pairs beautifully with the flavors in the dressing. With just a few simple ingredients, this summer side dish comes together in a flash. Serves 4.
Summer is one of the best food seasons. All the fresh fruit, corn-on-cob, barbecue. There’s really nothing I don’t like about summer food. But for some reason, I struggle with side dishes. I have a handful of favorite “go-to” recipes, but sometimes, I just crave something new and fresh. This grilled peach salad is just that. It’s become my new favorite recipe for entertaining at during the summer. It doesn’t require an turning on the stove or oven, and you can prepare it while you’re prepping and grilling the rest of your meal.
It’s super easy because the base of this salad is made of Taylor Farms’ new Maple Bourbon Bacon Chopped Salad Kit. All I did was add the grilled peaches. It couldn’t have been easier, and I love that. The maple bourbon vinaigrette is just made for the sweet grilled peaches.The kit includes crisp romaine lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, green onion and carrots (all chopped and ready to go), and did I mention the bacon and golden honey almonds?
How to grill peaches for salad
Have you ever grilled peaches before? It’s so simple. Normally I grill my peaches as halves, but I quartered them this time to get a little extra flavor and speed things up a little bit.
To grill your peaches, preheat the grill to high (about 450˚F). Quarter them and remove the pits and brush them with a little olive oil so they don’t stick to the grill. Grill for 5 – 7 minutes, turning once so you get those beautiful grill marks on both sides of the slices. The peaches should be slightly soft when they’re done. Remove them from the grill and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before adding to the salad.
Prepare your salad
- To assemble your salad, add the contents from your Taylor Farms Chopped Salad Kit to a large bowl, setting aside your dressing pack. Stir salad ingredients to combine.
- Top with grilled peaches.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. If desired, add 1 – 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to stretch the dressing to accommodate the added peaches.
- Serve with freshly toasted crostini or croutons.
Make the dressing go further
The Maple Bourbon Bacon Chopped Salad Kit comes with the perfect amount of dressing for the salad, but any time I add to salad kits (which I actually do all the time, since they’re a great base for any recipe), I like to add a tiny bit of extra liquid to dress the added ingredients. I usually do this my adding a teaspoon or two of vinegar, but you can also add equal parts olive and vinegar, or even a splash of water if you want to keep things light. Since the maple bourbon vinaigrette is made with apple cider vinegar, I went with that and I added about 1 teaspoon when I added my dressing. You can mix it into the dressing itself or just add it straight into the salad before you stir it all up.
- 1 Taylor Farms Maple Bourbon Bacon Chopped Salad Kit
- 2 ripe peaches, pits removed and quartered
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Preheat grill to high and brush peaches with olive oil. Grill 5 – 7 minutes, turning once, or until peaches are soft.
- Add chopped kit ingredients to a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- If desired add 1 – 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and olive oil to create extra dressing for peaches.
- Top with grill peach slices. Serve immediately.
You might also enjoy this kale and shredded Brussels sprouts salad with honey dijon vinaigrette.
Last Updated on