This rustic apple tart recipe is so easy to make! It features beautiful sliced apples baked in puff pastry with maple bourbon glaze that creates a delicious caramel flavor as it bakes. Plus, this simple dessert is completely vegan and dairy free.
- 6 apples, cored and sliced very thinly
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 6 tablespoons sugar dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Line apple slices up in three rows on puff pastry sheets.
- Sprinkle each tart with 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt apple jelly and maple syrup. Whisk bourbon and cornstarch together until smooth and add to pan. Bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth. Using a pastry brush, spread over the apples.
- Bake each tart for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 – 10 minutes before slicing each puff pastry sheet into 9 pieces.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 69.8 mg
- Fat: 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.1 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, egg free, easy, apple, fall, Christmas, bourbon, puff pastry