This creamy vegan risotto is pure magic. A few secret ingredients make it taste exactly like the cheesy, creamy risotto you’re used to, and it’s made in the Instant Pot so there’s no stirring required.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2cup finely diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Using the sauté function on the Instant Pot, allow the pan to heat. Add olive oil, onion and garlic, and sauté, stirring as needed until onions are translucent, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, and cook until the remaining oil is absorbed.
- Add wine and cook until absorbed, stirring as needed to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Hit cancel to turn off the sauté function.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and change the Instant Pot to the high pressure function and set it to 6 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure (this should take about 12 – 15 minutes). When the timer goes off, quick release the pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir the risotto until any remaining liquid has incorporated and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chives before serving.