Lime Matcha Cookies
The earthy flavor of these matcha cookies is balanced with vibrant lime zest and topped with a drizzle of white chocolate for a stunning, yet subtle cookie. Add sprinkles to customize them for the holidays.
- Author: Melissa Belanger
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon matcha powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
12 tablespoons vegan butter
1 cup sugar
2 lime, zested (1 tablespoon juice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Extra sugar, for rolling
1 cup dairy free white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour, matcha, baking powder, baking soda and salt together until evenly distributed.
- With an electric mixer, cream the vegan butter, sugar and lime zest until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add lime juice, egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients, mixing between each addition, until everything is incorporated.
- Place rolling sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Scoop and roll dough into 2-tablespoon balls and roll in the sugar until coated.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies have spread and the tops are set.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to rest on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool completely before adding the white chocolate drizzle.
- In a double boiler with 1-inch of water, heat the white chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate onto the cookies. Garnish as desired while still warm.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 12.6 g
- Sodium: 102.4 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 12.4 mg
Keywords: matcha cookies, matcha white chocolate chip cookies, matcha white chocolate cookies