A while back, Marc and I went to Door County to celebrate our anniversary. While we were there, we stopped at this little shop called The Oilerie. It’s a place that sells all sorts of fancy flavors oils and vinegars, and you get to taste them all. It was really fun tasting them all and deciding which was our favorite.
When, I decided to buy the lemon olive oil, I totally new that I was going to use it for baking. Partially because it would make a really good dairy-free fat, but also because I know how much you guys loved my lemon butter cookies from years ago. What I didn’t know is just how good these lemon rosemary olive oil cookies would turn out.
These cookies turned out amazing. They’re like soft little pillows of lemon-y goodness. The lemon olive oil really puts the lemon flavor over the top, making it pop in your mouth. And because we’re heading into fall, I decided to add a hint of rosemary, which turned out to be just the right amount. It’s the perfect match.
The cookies themselves are very easy to make. Baking with oil tends to speed things up for me a bit, because there’s no waiting for the butter to get to rom temperature, and you don’t need to whip it as much to combine the other ingredients. So I just used a hand mixer, and I had the cookies in the oven in no time.Print
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.
Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: about 30 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon olive oil (or good quality olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (2 teaspoons if using regular olive oil)
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the sugar, olive oil, lemon zest and rosemary until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients. Beating until combined.
- Roll cookies into tablespoon-sized balls, placing them on the baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Sprinkle each cookie with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 11 – 13 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the sheet to cool for a few minutes before transferring cookies to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 45.5 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 12.4 mg
Keywords: lemon rosemary olive oil cookie, lemon cookies, dairy free lemon cookies, olive oil cookies, lemon rosemary cookie, dairy free cookies
Last Updated on December 13, 2021 by Melissa Belanger