- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly, cracked pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 pounds chicken, sliced
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Add sliced chicken and marinate for about 15 minutes, or until ready to cook.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok to medium-high. Add olive oil, shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes and cracked pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add celery and bell pepper. Continue to cook, stirring as needed until vegetables have softened slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken with marinade and cook until no longer pink, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce, water chestnuts and peanuts. Cook until sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.