This easy fresh green beans recipe is bursting with flavor and color. You’re going to love these sautéed Italian green beans as a side dish to your next meal. As a bonus, they are vegan and cook really quickly! Perfect for a fast dinner addition. #greenbeans #sidedish
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Fill a large stockpot or dutch oven about halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the green beans to the pot and let them cook for about 3 – 4 minutes, or until they have turned bright green.
- Drain green beans in a colander and set aside.
- Return pot to the stove, and decrease heat to medium-high.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan. Then, add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Return the green beans to the pan and stir to coat evenly with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook, stirring as needed, until green beans are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 203.3 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.3 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, gluten free, vegetables, healthy, easy, 5 ingredient