This Italian chopped salad recipe is incredibly delicious and so easy to toss together. This filling Portillo’s copycat salad is packed with a mixture of vegetables, meat, and pasta, and topped with a simple, creamy Italian dressing (that’s also dairy free!). There are so many flavors and textures to enjoy together, that you won’t even miss the cheese.
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1 large bag Italian salad mix (romaine with red cabbage)
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichokes (drained)
- 1 cup chopped peperoncini peppers
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente. When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Set aside or refridgerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Before serving toss with desired amount of dressing until evenly coated.
Keywords: dairy free, Italian, salad, copycat, creamy