Originating in Philadelphia, these easy, little Irish potato candies are the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Make the recipe dairy free by using vegan butter and cream cheese. #stpatricksday #candy
- 1/4 cup butter, softened*
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/2 package)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer , beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and continue mixing to incorporate – scraping sides when necessary.
- Add coconut and continue to mix until combined.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls.
- Roll each piece cinnamon to coat.
- Once coated, roll candies into a potato shape – if desired.
- Set on a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet and chill until set.
- Store candies in refrigerator until ready to serve.
*Use vegan for dairy free
Nutrition information calculated with traditional ingredients.
Keywords: St. Patrick's Day, potato candy, candy, dairy free candy, vegan candy, irish, no bake