This Instant Pot Mississippi pot roast is made with only 4 ingredients & cooked until it’s falling apart tender. Plus, it’s made a little healthier – and dairy free – without butter. While most of the time the recipe is slow cooked, this dairy free dinner recipe is made in an instant pot so you can have a quick/fast and easy pot roast at dinner without sacrificing quality! Serve it with your favorite mashed potatoes for an easy flavorful weeknight dinner. #instantpot #potroast
- 3 – 4 pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons au jus mix
- 6 – 8 pepperoncini
- 1 cup water
- Saute setting sear chuck roast on both sides. Can do on stove.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pressure cooker. Set pressure to high and lid to sealing position.
- Cook for 25 minutes per pound.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for about 15 minutes before using the quick release valve.
- *use dairy free brands
If you’re making this recipe with a smaller roast, you will want to adjust the amount of seasoning you put in or you’ll end up with a super salty dish. For a 2 pound roast, use 1 tablespoon each of ranch and au jus mix.
Keywords: dairy free, 5 ingredient, easy, Instant Pot, pressure cooked, beef, chuck roast