The best homemade tartar sauce recipe is easy and is made with capers and dill relish. Paleo, whole 30, and keto friendly with a vegan option. It’s flavor is unbelievable and it definitely will elevate your next Friday night fish fry or your favorite seafood dish.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish (or chopped dill pickles)
- 2 tablespoons capers, smashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons whole grain or Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, gently stir the ingredients together. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Optional: let tartar sauce to sit for 30 minutes in the fridge to allow flavors to develop.
Keywords: dairy free, easy, sauce