This easy, homemade stuffing recipe is made from scratch with croutons and loaded with flavor thanks to all the savories and cranberries. It’s baked in the oven and can be made in advance, so it’s perfect for Thanksgiving. Plus, this almost traditional stuffing is naturally vegan and dairy free. #stuffing #Thanksgiving
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (sweet or yellow), chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon or sage
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 12-ounce package unseasoned stuffing mix (or about 8 cups of homemade croutons)
- 2 – 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken, turkey or vegetable broth
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery, spices and cranberries. Sauté until onions stirring occasionally until are completely translucent and tender – about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place croutons and cooked mixture into a large bowl. Slowly stir in chicken broth – one cup at a time – until croutons have reached desired softness.
- Transfer stuffing to a large baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350˚F oven, removing foil for the final 10 minutes.
Keywords: dairy, vegan, easy, Thanksgiving, fall