- 1 bag unseasoned stuffing mix (or about 8 cups of homemade croutons)
- 1 large onion (sweet or yellow), chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 tablespoons dairy free margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 – 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- In a large stockpot, melt margarine or butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, spices and cranberries.
- Sauté until onions stirring occasionally until are completely translucent and tender – about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add croutons.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth – one cup at a time – until croutons have reached desired softness.
- If baking: Preheat oven to 325F (160C).
- Place stuffing in a large baking dish and baking for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg