- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 leek, light green and white only, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup full bodied beer
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pound romaine lettuce, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley + more for garnish, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add onion and leek, sautéing until slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for an additional two minutes.
- Add beer and deglaze any brown bits from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a strong simmer and continue to cook until lettuce is very soft, about 20 minutes.
- With an immersion blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg