This easy, ham fried rice recipe is such an awesome weeknight meal. It uses simple ingredients like @SmithfieldBrand’s Anytime Favorites, and frozen veggies, and is done in under 30 minutes. #sponsored #dairyfree #friedrice
For the fried rice:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 package Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® diced ham
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 cups cold, cooked rice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Green onion, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet or wok to medium-high. Add olive oil and sesame oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add ham, garlic and green onion. Sauté until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in rice and soy sauce, breaking up rice as needed, until evenly coated, about 5 minutes.
- Make a well to cook the eggs in the middle of the pan. Add scrambled eggs, and stir within the well until cooked. Once cooked, stir egg into rice.
- Add frozen peas and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and garnish before serving.
To make this recipe gluten free, substitute tamari for the soy sauce.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 453
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 107.3 mg
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.7 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 24.8 g
- Cholesterol: 146.3 mg
Keywords: easy, dairy free, gluten free option