Guinness braised beef – in this easy, braised beef recipe, chunks of chuck roast are slow cooked in beer on the stovetop in a Dutch oven. Serve it with mashed potatoes for a delicious, comforting meal. #Guinness #beef
- 3 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 12-ounce can Guinness (or other stout beer)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 celery stalk, cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Coat the chuck roast in flour and liberally season with salt & pepper.
- In a dutch oven or large stockpot, heat olive oil to high.
- Sear the beef for on all sides until golden brown, working in batches if needed.
- Remove the beef from the pan, leaving any liquid in the pot, and reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions and cook for about a minute – stirring frequently.
- Return beef to the pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 – 2 1/2 hours, or until beef is tender and liquids have thickened.
- Remove celery from pot, and adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg