After a crazy and eventful weekend, I’m back to my normal routine of recipes and cooking. I don’t know what it is, but lately I seem to be drawn to simpler recipes.
Things I used to make a lot when I first started cooking. Maybe it’s because I’ve been busy planning a bachelorette party and packing/sorting through all of our wedding gifts that still have yet to be used.
Either way, this recipe is one of those easy recipes and so was the Easy Chicken Pot Pie that I posted last week. Both were recipes I made a lot when we were living in Wichita, and making them again is bringing back some great memories of our first years of moving around for hockey.
This recipe in particular – grilled herb mustard chicken is as simple as it gets. You make a quick mustard based sauce with dried herbs and you brush it on the chicken every so often as its grilling.
That’s it. It’s packed with flavor and makes a really great burger alternative for grilling. Perfect for your upcoming Labor Day festivities or just any old weeknight meal.
Serve this chicken with:
- Broccoli salad with bacon
- Seasoned potato wedges
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Vegan mashed potatoes
- Pesto pasta salad
More chicken recipes you’ll love:
- Baked chicken legs
- Buffalo chicken meatballs
- BBQ chicken tacos
- Chicken stuffed peppers
- Pan seared chicken breast
- Chicken and dumpling soup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, spices and water until smooth.
- Coat chicken with a thick layer of the sauce, reserving the rest for later.
- Grill chicken for 10 – 12 minutes over medium heat, turning once.
- During the last few minutes of grilling, brush chicken with a sauce until coated.
Keywords: dairy free, egg free, gluten free option, easy, grilling, chicken
Last Updated on October 27, 2020 by Melissa Belanger