For the pesto:
- 2 cups cilantro, large stems removed (about 1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the skewers:
- 2 pounds large peeled, tail-on shrimp
- 10–12 wooden skewers
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine all of the pesto ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and add the pesto. Stir to coat the shrimp.
- While the shrimp marinate, preheat a grill to medium, indirect heat (375˚F – 400˚F).
- Place shrimp on skewers, and grill for 5 -6 minutes, turning once.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg