Loaded with flavor and a secret ingredient, these sweet and savory grape jelly meatballs are made from scratch with only a handful of ingredients. This easy cocktail meatball recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser, and can be made in the oven or the slow cooker.
- 1 package Johnsonville brats, casing removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 egg or 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 12-ounce jar grape jelly
- 1 – 1 1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper .
- In a large mixing bowl , combine brats, ground beef, breadcrumbs and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet .
- Bake meatballs for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Combine grape jelly and barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
To serve immediately:
- Heat the sauce over medium heat until the jelly dissolves and the sauce is smooth.
- Toss baked meatballs with sauce and serve.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker method:
- Transfer sauce and meatballs to a slow cooker and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for at least at least 1 hour before serving to allow the sauce to fully cook.
Keywords: dairy free, easy, sausage, beef, meatballs