Celebrate the flavors of summer with this indulgent dairy free ice cream cake. Layers of graham cracker cake are filled with s’mores ice cream and topped with creamy hot fudge and toasted marshmallows for an unbelievable summer treat.
For the graham cracker cake:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk (unsweetened)
- 2 pints Hudsonville Ice Cream’s Dairy Free S’mores
- 1 cup chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce*
- Mini marshmallows
To make the graham cracker cake:
Preheat oven to 350˚F and grease and flour 1 8-inch cake pan.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the oil, eggs and vanilla extract until combined and smooth.
Alternate between adding the dairy free milk and flour/graham cracker mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing each addition until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
Transfer the batter to prepared cake pan and bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until cake has set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool to room temperature before transferring to a cooling rack.
To assemble the ice cream cake:
- Allow the ice cream for a minimum of 30 minutes before.
- Using a cake leveler or bread knife, slice the cake into two equal layers.
- Place one layer of cake on a freezer friendly plate or tray and spread the softened ice cream. Top with the next layer of cake, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze cake until solid (usually about 4 hours, but this will vary by freezer). Remove plastic wrap and top with chocolate sauce and marshmallows.
- Toast marshmallows, if desired. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove the cake from the freezer and allow it to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes for easier slicing.
Keywords: graham cracker cake, ice cream cake, vegan ice cream, dairy free ice cream, s'mores cake