These maple glazed pork chops are infused with flavorful harissa for the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. The easy recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner and you only need 5 ingredients to make it.
For the pork chop glaze:
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon harissa powder
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
For the pork chops:
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small saucepan , combine the glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, until thickened. Once the glaze has thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper and harissa.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium-high. Add the pork chops and sear for 4 – 5 minutes per side, or until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145˚F.
- Remove from heat and add prepared glaze before serving.
This recipe makes enough glaze for up to 8 pork chops. Feel free to double the amount of chops you’re cooking if you need more servings.
Keywords: dairy free, egg free, paleo, pork, easy, 5 ingredient, spicy