This potage aux legumes is a homemade French vegetable soup made with fresh vegetables and blended into a creamy, smooth puree. This vegan soup is great any time of the year, but it’s especially comforting in colder weather.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery, sliced
- 2 turnip, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 3 small potatoes, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, juice drained
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon bouillon (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large Dutch oven to medium-high. Add olive oil and vegetables (not the tomatoes). Sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon, tomatoes, bay leaf and salt & pepper. Bring soup to a boil.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until vegetables have softened completely, about 20 minutes.
- Blend soup until smooth before serving. If needed, adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, to taste.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, gluten free, easy, healthy, French