- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 6 parsnips (2 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 4 green apples, peel, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- Salt & pepper
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add parsnips, carrots, fennel, onion, celery and garlic. Season liberally with salt & pepper. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 – 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaf and bring soup to a low boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables have softened, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth (or blend in a food processor or blender, in batches).
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on February 4, 2021 by Melissa Belanger