Italian Sausage Pasta with Broccoli
This easy recipe for pasta with Italian sausage and broccoli is flavorful and dairy-free. It’s ready in 30 minutes which makes it great for weeknight dinners! Try it with bow tie pasta or penne.
- Author: Melissa Belanger
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pound Italian sausage meat, casings removed, if needed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound package farfalle pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook the farfalle according to package directions, adding the broccoli to the pot 4 minutes before straining.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet to medium-high. Add the sausage meat and brown, breaking it into small pieces. Continue cooking, stirring as needed until the sausage is golden brown and caramelized.
- Add olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper. Reduce heat and continue cooking until the pasta is ready.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before straining the pasta and broccoli.
- Add broccoli and farfalle to the skillet – adding 1/4 cup of pasta water at a time until the sauce has reached the right consistency. Stir in the nutritional yeast before serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 413
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 130.3 mg
- Fat: 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 13.9 g
- Cholesterol: 11.5 mg
Keywords: easy, dairy free, 5 ingredient