These easy sesame noodles are flavored with garlic and ginger and take less than 30 minutes to make. They can be served cold or warm, but no matter how you serve then, you can’t forget to top with smoked sesame seeds and lots of green onion. #sesame #noodles
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Smoked sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large stockpot with salted water, cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a saucepan to medium-high. Add olive oil, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low. Simmer until spaghetti is cooked.
- Drain spaghetti and toss with sauce to evenly coat.
- Garnish the sesame noodles with green onion and sesame seeds before serving.
Recipe adapted from The Pretty Dish.