Skip those yellow rice packets! Learn how to make this easy saffron rice recipe with just a few simple ingredients and steps. This Spanish rice is a beautiful, vibrant side dish that works with just about anything. Try pairing it with this simple Spanish chicken or lamb kofta for a Mediterranean inspired meal.
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Place ingredients in a large saucepan . Cover and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until rice has absorbed the water.
- After about 10 minutes, when small holes form in the rice, remove from heat and let the rice continue to absorb the remaining liquid, about 5 – 10 minutes.