This Moroccan couscous recipe is a simplified, vegan version of the traditional dish, filled with sweet raisins, crunchy almonds and herbs. It might not be authentic, but it makes for an easy, flavorful side dish. Serve it warm with roasted vegetables or your favorite protein.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large saucepan to medium-high. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and spices. Sauté until the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally – about 5 minutes.
- Add broth. Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat stir in couscous. Let sit for 10 minutes, or until the couscous has absorbed the broth.
- Stir in raisins, almonds and parsley before serving.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, easy