This easy chicken pot pie is literally one of the easiest things I’ve ever made, and I’ve been making it for a while now. It was one of the first recipes I ever adapted and didn’t follow to the tee. I was so happy with the way it turned out that I made it probably 20 times that year, and it gave me the confidence to start experimenting with other recipes. It’s still one of Marc’s favorite meals, and it a great weeknight meal because of how simple it is. In fact, you can easily prepare the pie the night before or in the morning and simply bake it when you’re ready.
Now, I realize that not everyone is a fan of cooking with condensed soups, and I usually try to steer clear of them myself. But, they just work in this recipe. The combination of the cream of celery and the cream of chicken give the sauce the flavor of a slow cooked gravy-based sauce and it is yum-yum. Besides, every once in a while you just need to take a shortcut – or two in this case since we are using pre-made pie crusts as well. So give yourself a break and try this easy chicken pot pie. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (about 2 1/2 – 3 cups)
- 1 10.5-ounce can 98% fat free condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 10.5-ounce can 98% fat free condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (or one small bag)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- Melted butter or margarine for brushing pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the soups and water together.
- Stir in chicken, frozen vegetables, pepper and paprika.
- Place one pie crust in bottom of a pie plate.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Top with remaining pie crust and close pie by pressing the edges of the two crusts together.
- Brush crust with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on