- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar twin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C) and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Squeezed excess water from the shredded zucchini using a paper towel, set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on a low setting, beat together the oil, brown sugar twin, vanilla extract and eggs, until combined.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, applesauce, and almond milk, mixing until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, beating until smooth and scraping sides when necessary.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop , evenly fill the muffin liners with the batter.
- Top with extra chocolate chips (optional), and bake for 22 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and all the muffins to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg