This easy cranberry chicken salad recipe is filled with sweet cranberries, crunchy celery and toasted pine nuts – swap pecans or almonds if that’s what you have. It can be served on a croissant or bread for a sandwich, or on apple slices for a low carb option.
- 4 cups diced, cooked chicken breast
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1 – 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder (or 1 – 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl, and stir with a fork to combine.
- If necessary, add one tablespoon of extra mayonnaise at a time until you reach the right consistency. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
Keywords: dairy free, chicken salad, chicken, sandwich, cranberry