- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup butter-flavored vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and grease 1 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream shortening and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is incorporated before adding the next.
- Add flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, scraping sides as needed. Beat at medium speed until each addition is incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing cake from pan.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg