Inspired by Dr. Suess’s The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, these dairy free Grinch cookies are a simple, colorful way to get your kids into the holiday spirit. #dairyfree #christmascookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Red heart quins
- Preheat oven to 375F (180C), and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt – set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the shortening and sugar until combined and fluffy – about 1 minute.
- Add egg, vanilla and peppermint extracts. Beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture in ½ cup increments, mixing to combine and scraping sides when necessary.
- Add food coloring until desired color is reached and mix until even.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough (do not smooth scoops) onto cookie sheet about an inch or so apart. Top each cookie with a heart.
- Bake cookies for 10 – 12 minutes or until cookies have spread and dough is set. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to rest for several minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg